Services and Programs
Our Therapy Services department is proud to offer many services and programs including:
Vestibular physical therapy
- Evaluate cause of dizziness and imbalance.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
- Vestibular hypofunction or loss.
- Meniere's disease.
- Click here for detailed brochure
- Stress urinary incontinence.
- Urge incontinence.
- Mixed incontinence.
- Functional incontinence.
- Men and women show 54 to 87 percent improvement in 2 to 8 sessions:
- Bladder retraining.
- Biofeedback/EMG training.
- Therapeutic exercises.
- Protocol developed for Parkinson's disease.
- Amplitude-based training.
- Sports massage.
- Swedish massage.
- Deep tissue massage.
- Trigger point massage.
- Injury prevention.
- Education and counseling.
- Sports management with local high school team.
- ImPACT concussion testing.
- Bad Ragaz.
- Halliwick techniques.
Programs for Adults
WHMC provides individualized adult programs aimed at correcting swallowing impairment, voice problems, and speech/language difficulties. In addition, WHMC therapy services offers the specialized Lee Silverman Voice Treatment program (LSVT-LOUD) in conjunction with the LSVT BIG program to enhance the speech skills of patients who have experienced a stroke or been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease.
Programs for Children
WHMC is proud to offer aquatic therapy services for early intervention. The pool at WHMC was specifically designed for therapeutic purposes. Early diagnosis and intervention is the key to avoiding developmental and academic delays. A child suspected of having a speech or language difficulty should undergo a professional evaluation.
Our lives are made up of occupations—meaningful everyday activities. These occupations can include many roles, such as being a parent, a friend, a spouse, a farmer, an artist, a cook, or a student. We generally don’t think about our daily occupations until we have trouble doing them. Everyone has occupations—from the toddler whose occupations are play and learning to develop important skills, to the older adult whose occupations are engaging with family and friends and managing his or her home. If you are recovering from an accident or injury, your valued occupations may be disrupted. Occupational Therapy incorporates your valued occupations into the rehabilitation process.
Occupational Therapy services typically include:
- Patient specific evaluation and assessment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and training
- Caregiver education and training
- Custom splint fabrication for acute, post-operative, or non-acute upper extremity conditions
In addition to these great specialty areas we offer:
- Manual Therapy
- Total Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- Back and Neck Impairments
- Joint Impairments
- Myofascial and Joint Pain
- Decline or Loss of Function
- Balance Assessment and Training
- Core Strengthening and Stabilization
- General Sports Injuries
- Foot Biomechanics and Orthotic Fitting
- Neurological Rehabilitation (Stroke, Post-Polio, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease, etc.)
- Amputation Rehabilitation
- Women's Health
- Activity of daily living retraining
- Swallow Evaluation and Therapy (including modified barium swallow studies)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Wheel Chair/Seating Positioning
- SAIL (Stay Active and Independent for Life) - Strength and Balance Fitness Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Independent Swim
- Open Swim
- Baby and Me Classes