The case management department consists of utilization review, discharge planning and social work. This department is an integral part of a multidisciplinary team caring for our patients.
Our social workers are also responsible for/or coordinate:
- Transitional care program (TCP).
- Volunteer chaplain program.
- Palliative care/end of life program.
- Behavioral health referrals.
- Ethics committee.
- Ethics consultations.
- Paternity acknowledgement.
- Referrals to community based support networks.
- Advanced care planning.
- Provides social work services in our emergency department.
- Provides consultations for at risk patients in our community.
- Coordination of social services throughout the patients stay.
If you have any questions or concerns about your stay in Whitman Hospital and Medical Center, please contact our Care Management Department at 509.397.3435, ext. 354/355.
Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest video, is from Washington State Hospital Association.