Clinical Nutrition Outpatient Services
Our team of Anna Grindeland, RD, CD and Marissa Rudley, MS, RD, CD provides hospital based registered dietitian therapy services. In outpatient nutrition therapy, Anna or Marissa will first collect information on your health history and nutrition background and then work with you to create an individualized plan to achieve your nutrition-related goals.
Our team holds quarterly community education sessions and provides dietary information, healthy eating tips and explanations for food nutrition terms each week on Tasty Tuesday.
Working with a registered dietitian can help you with:
- Making healthy food choices for you and your family
- Cardiovascular disease
- Liver and pancreatic disorders and metabolism
- Tube feedings and TPN management
- Diabetes, type I and type 2
- Gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. celiac disease, irritable bowel, diverticulosis)
- Food intolerances
- Weight management
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Other health concerns requiring nutritional care
Many insurance plans will cover nutrition visits, but may require a referral. Check with your insurance to verify coverage and ask your healthcare provider for a referral if necessary.
If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover nutrition therapy, you may qualify for our financial assistance program, cash discounts, or timely payment discounts.
Look for community nutrition education classes and presentations taught by Anna or Marissa, which occur four times a year. For more information, or to make an appointment, Anna or Marissa can be reached at Whitman Hospital at 509.397.5743.