Clinical Nutrition Outpatient Services
Anna Hein, RD, CD is currently the only hospital-based registered dietitian providing nutrition therapy in Colfax. In outpatient nutrition therapy, Anna will 1st collect information on your health history and nutrition background then work with you to create an individualized plan to achieve your nutrition-related goals.
Anna also holds quarterly community education sessions and provides dietary information, healthy eating tips and explanations for food nutrition terms each week on Tasty Tuesday.
Working with a registered dietitian can help you with:
- Making healthy food choices for you and your family.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Liver and pancreatic disorders and metabolism.
- Tube feedings and TPN management.
- Diabetes, type I and type 2.
- Gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. celiac disease, irritable bowel, diverticulosis).
- Food intolerances.
- Weight management.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Other health concerns requiring nutritional care.
Many insurance plans will cover nutrition visits, but may require a referral. Check with your insurance to verify coverage and ask your healthcare provider for a referral.
If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover nutrition therapy, you may qualify for our financial assistance program, cash discounts, or timely payment discounts.
Look out for Anna's community nutrition education classes and presentations, which occur 4 times a year. For more information, or to make an appointment, Anna can be reached at Whitman Hospital at 509.397.5743.
Anna Hein, RD, CD